NNEST in 2023 – a Global Overview
Live workshop with professionals in the English Language Teaching industry!
Saturday, 21st January 2023 – 10.30 CET Online EVENT
Meet Our Expert Panel!
This workshop is for you if…
- You are a non native English teacher who has been struggling to find a job because of the bias in the English Language Teaching
- You have experienced discrimination but still don’t know what to do about it and how to talk to recruiters or language schools
- You are ready to fully embrace your identity and start sparking conversations on the topic of Native Speakerism, accent bias and ownership of English
- You have ever wished to dig deeper on the dichotomy between Native and Non Native English teachers
- You want to spend an hour and a half improving your CPD
- You would like to know what is expected from you as a Non Native Teacher in terms of Certifications and Qualifications in the EU and globally
- You are a new teacher and want to be better equipped to walk into the job market and answer any objections related to you or your identity
- You want to hang out with a group of women who are supportive of each other and have tons of expert advise they are willing to share
What the Workshop will include…
- An experts panel who will get you up to speed on what is happening globally for Non Native English teachers in less than 2 hours.
- The answer as to what level of proficiency and experience is expected of Non Native English teachers
- Personal stories for extra connection from ELT professionals who have either been discriminated or have themselves had discriminating behaviour towards Non Native candidates (REAL talk)
- Food for thought on accent discrimination, inclusivity and diversity in language learning and teaching
- Live Q&A at the end! Bring any of your questions or send me a DM on Instagram @the_non_native_speaker
The Non Native Speaker – Meri
MORE ABOUT ME – The Non Native Speaker
Hi there! My name is Meri I used to work as a language teacher and consultant for various renowned companies such as Parmalat, Adecco, 3M, FERCAM, N1 Logistics, and Barilla through private English schools in Emilia Romagna.
Currently I work full-time as a teacher at an International School in Northern Italy.
I hold a Cambridge CELTA and a Global DELTA Cambridge Diploma from CLIC International House in Seville, Spain, and a Master’s degree in Language and Cultural Studies from the University of Modena and Reggio, Italy.
I enjoy attending and speaking at ELT conferences and workshops. My mission is to dismantle prejudice and bias in education, specifically when it comes to NNESTs being denied work opportunities across the globe.